Cross Cultural Communication
“People with higher cultural intelligence make better decisions”
In a nutshell:
Business culture around the world differs greatly, and if you are to succeed in building relationships, working in different regions, or even just visiting a foreign office or colleague, it is important for you to be competent in dealing with the cultural differences.
- Getting to know your own cultural type and that of other team members
- Adapting your communication and behaviour when dealing with people different from you
- Setting clear objectives and building trust within cross cultural teams
What are you waiting for?
“It’s not an extraction process, it’s a creative one. You build it!”
How to build trust
Good to know:
- 5 video chapters
- 17 learning lessons
- 2 e-learning courses
- 70 minutes of learning content
- SCORM & interactive video formats
- Embed our videos in your own courses
- Spanish, German, French versions and many more
Why laughing and learning work:
People learn best when they’re involved, engaged and entertained.
Discover more about our longer lasting learning.
We don’t bite! Speak to our team about using laughter as a learning aid.
Our ‘Cross Cultural Communication’ collection
- Managing cross-cultural teams
- Cultural types
- Communicating cross-culturally