Insights from Learning Technologies 2020
What are the big trends for 2020?
February has been a busy month for all of us in the Learning & Development world, with many of our key conferences taking place over the last few weeks. Starting with Learntec in Germany, Learning Technologies France, through to Learning Technologies London and finishing at I love learning Madrid, it has been a great way to gather learning insights from peers, clients and experts alike. We also saw the publication and review of the Fosway Digital Learning and Learning Systems analysis for 2020, along with the L&D Global Sentiment Survey results.
Here are our top 6 thoughts on what we have read and seen;
- Data is hot property. Learning analytics claimed the top spot in the Digital Sentiment Survey, with knowledge based services like personalization and artificial intelligence in the top five.
- The learning platform market is evolving rapidly, with Fosway dividing it between full Learning System Suites hoping to be a ‘one stop shop’ for modern learning and Learning System specialists who focus on meeting a specific part of their clients learning needs.
- Mid-size businesses are fully embracing learning technology in greater numbers than ever. Starting with an empty learning system is not attractive to these new entrants and so providing ‘high quality learning experiences ‘out of the box’ is key.
- “Experience is everything” according to Fosway. Especially when learners want to treat learning platforms in the same way as they interact with Netflix or YouTube at home. Try to fit your learner experience into existing habits for greatest impact.
- Treat your learning campaigns like internal marketing campaigns and make the most of any support you can get from your providers Client Success team.
Video content is taking centre stage. We have all seen how video has become the media of choice in digital learning. Now it is being accelerated by the growth of microlearning and demand for mobile friendly formats.
To discover how Video Arts could help you develop your digital learning offering, fill out the form below or contact us here!